At Mount St. Michael Catholic School, students have the privilege of going before the Lord in the Blessed Sacrament during Adoration on the First Friday of each month.
Twelve Reasons From The Teachings Of The Church To Spend One Hour With Jesus In The Blessed Sacrament
1. You are greatly needed!
2. This is a personal invitation to you from Jesus.
3. Jesus is counting on you because the Eucharist is the center of life.
4. Your hour with Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament will repair for evils of the world and bring about peace on earth.
5. Day and night Jesus dwells in the Blessed Sacrament because you are the most important person in the world to Him!
6. Jesus wants you to do more than to go to Mass on Sunday.
7. You grow spiritually with each moment you spend with Jesus!
8. The best time you spend on earth is with Jesus, your Best Friend, in the Blessed Sacrament!
9. Just as you can’t be exposed to the sun without receiving its rays, neither can you come to Jesus exposed in the Blessed Sacrament without receiving the Divine Rays of His Grace, His Love, His Peace.
10. If Jesus were actually visible in church, everyone would run to welcome Him, but He remains hidden in the Sacred Host under the appearance of Bread, because He is calling us to faith, that we many come to Him in humility.
11. With transforming mercy, Jesus makes our heart one with His.
12. If the Pope himself would give you a special invitation to visit him in the Vatican, this honor would be nothing in comparison to the honor and dignity that Jesus Himself bestows upon you with the Invitation of spending one hour with Him in the Blessed Sacrament.
Twelve Biblical Reasons To Spend One Hour With Jesus In The Blessed Sacrament
1. He is really there!
2. Day and night Jesus dwells in the Blessed Sacrament because of his Infinite love for you!
3. The specific way that Jesus asks you to love Him in return is to spend one quiet hour with Him in the Blessed Sacrament.
4. When you look upon the Sacred Host, you look upon Jesus, the Son of God.
5. Each moment that you spend in His Eucharistic Presence will increase His Divine Life within you and deepen your personal relationship and friendship with Him.
6. Each hour you spend with Jesus will deepen His Divine Peace in your heart.
7. Jesus will give you all the Graces you need to be happy!
8. Jesus is infinitely deserving of our unceasing thanksgiving and adoration for all He has done for our salvation.
9. For Peace in our country!
10. Each hour you spend with Jesus on earth will leave your soul everlastingly more beautiful and glorious in heaven!
11. Jesus will bless you, your family and the whole world for this hour of faith you spend with Him in the Blessed Sacrament.
12. Each moment you spend with Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament brings joy, pleasure, and delight to His Sacred Heart!
Eucharistic Adoration By: Pope John Paul II
I encourage Christians regularly to visit Christ present in the Blessed Sacrament, for we are all called to abide in the presence of God. In contemplation, Christians will perceive ever more profoundly the mystery at the heart of Christian life.
Teach young people the value of Eucharistic Adoration.
I urge priests, religious and lay people to continue and redouble their efforts to teach the younger generations the meaning and value of Eucharistic adoration and devotion. How will young people be able to know the Lord if they are not introduced to the mystery of His presence? Like the young Samuel, by learning the words of the prayer of the heart, they will be closer to the Lord, who will accompany them in their spiritual and human growth. The Eucharistic mystery is in fact the "summit of evangelization" (Lumen Gentium) for it is the most eminent testimony to Christ’s resurrection.
Students are given the opportunity to receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation or Penance on Thursday before the first Friday of each month.
|We celebrate First Fridays dedicated to the Sacred Heart of Jesus with Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament. Each class goes before the Lord in prayer in our Sacred Heart of Jesus Chapel.|